Archives
Social Media
Visit Us On FacebookVisit Us On TwitterVisit Us On YoutubeCheck Our Feed

The Myth of More

Life isn’t so much about getting as it is about giving. The value of one’s life isn’t in getting more, but in being CONTENT with whom you are and what you have. Creating more for your life comes out of a place of deep contentment first, or nothing that is acquired or gained will satisfy. When all of our energy and effort goes into solving our present dilemma, we overlook and completely miss what we already have.

It’s healthy to be content, but envy can eat you up.
Proverbs 14:30 (CEV)

True fulfillment is to enjoy the person you are today, no strings attached, and to be thankful for what you have today! This is not to say you shouldn’t set goals and move towards your unfulfilled dreams, but never at the expense of losing out on the present. It’s never something “out there” that will alter our state of happiness.  Plan, set goals, and dream about tomorrow- but live in TODAY!

Maybe so, but I say it is better to be content with what little you have. Otherwise, you will always be struggling for more, and that is like chasing the wind.
Ecclesiastes 4:6 (NCV)

We have two choices in life- enjoy what we have today, or worry about what we don’t have stressing over the future. Don’t attach your wagon to trying to get somewhere or something to make life count . That is an unrealistic pursuit that ends in frustration and disappointment.

Here is Jesus’ version of “don’t worry, be happy!” “Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don’t get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes. Matthew 6:34 (MSG)

Just a thought,
Carl

FacebookTwitterGoogle+Blogger PostDiggDeliciousEmailPrintShare

12 Responses to The Myth of More

• Lupe Carrasco says:

WOW! The Holy Spirit has been at work spreaking to me through all the preaching in the last two sundays and…

your THOUGHT for today is so basic and simple, yet, poignant to a soul, like mine, that tends to always be in “pursuit”. Great reminder to get back to the basics and enjoy HIS PRESENCE in our personal life.

Thanks a BUNCH!

• Crystal Escobedo says:

This made my day. I have to slow down and put it all in God’s hands and let him guide me.

• roger says:

true about letting God take control of what taking place in ours life! We need to let God take care of all of ours worry and be free from all kinds of frustration and worry! We need not to stress but be happy and joyful!

• JODY says:

This is a good reminder for me to thank God for what I do have and not look for what I don’t have, because I have everything I need. God is so good. Thank you Pastor Carl for being the teacher we all need at Trinity.

• Rhonda says:

I truly love to get these devotionals in my mail it always lifts my spirits and makes me feel at ease with my life, just knowing our pastor is always working for our salvation. Thanks pastor Carl you are awesome….

• samuel njora says:

You’ve been challenging us to read our bibles almost every sunday when you say, ” Am now studying the book of … and in my personal devotion this morning…” I have decided to seek first his kingdom by reading my bible in one year and by joining the prayer group that prays sunday morning at 6:00 am. There I surrender my worries and embrace God’s promises. Keep reminding us pastor Carl.

• A. L. says:

This was very inspiring to me. I just recently lost my job, I’m and RN,BSN and because of all the “mean” things said by my boss, I can’t seem to even get an interview! I’m being threatened with my way of living and my license by this woman who is more concerned with what more she can become and achieve her goals( more money ) for this hospital that has recently hired her than to be content with what she has, that she is clueless as to the position she has put me and my children in by threatening me. I cannot even get unemployment because she says I “quit” not that she threatened me so I could resign.

Well, your thought for the day has made me think that maybe I will find a better job. That maybe the Lord has a different plan for me and my children. Not that I am not scared, I am, because I am unsure of what will happen now or if I fight back, but at least I find some comfort in your words and today has been better than the last 3 weeks. I give up! I am going to let the Lord lead me where HE wants. I know it must be a better place than the one I’m at now. I know I cannot control what she will say or do, but He can and will. Thank you pastor Carl.

• Scott Crane says:

Thank you for your words of encouragement. The Lord has really been blessing me in this area of contentment. It is so refreshing and peaceful when I trust in him and surrender “me” and submit to his authority. The world says “Do more, go, go, go… Have More”. The Lord has been saying to me “Be still, quiet, and listen. Have peace in my presence. Cast all your worries at my feet.”

David said in Psalms 46:10 ” “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” – NIV

Exodus 14:14 says “The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.” – NIV

Even Jesus rebuked the winds and the waters by saying “Quiet down!” Suddenly the wind stopped, and there was great calm. – Mark 4:39 NIV

Like the winds and the water, I am learning to “stop” and “be quiet” which allows a great calm within my spirit when I obey and submit to the Lords authority by truly being still, listening, and seeking him. Nothing else matters but to Fear the Lord by trusting and obeying in him (Ecclesiastes 12:13)

This is when I am truly content in life.

Thank you again Pastor Carl for all you do!

• Daniela says:

I would like to babtised I am 10 years old I tern 11 in January 7 and I think it’s time to get babtised but anyway I go to trinity I see you sometimes but I was really Hoping to go this Sunday and ask you to get babtised in percen